contributed by Judita Kinkorová (EMEA ISBER Regional Ambassador)
5th EPMA World Congress
September 19th – 22nd 2019, Pilsen, Hotel and Congress Centre Primavera, Czech Republic
EPMA – European Association for Predictive, Preventive & Personalised Medicine organizes the 5th EPMA World Congress dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the EPMA, September 19–22, 2019 in Pilsen, Hotel and Congress Centre Primavera, Nepomucká 1058/128, 326 00 Pilsen (www.primaverahotel.cz).
EPMA Congress 2019 is for the first time hosted in the Czech Republic with outstanding programme, scientific sessions and specialised workshops covering much cutting-edge research topics.
The focus of the meting is Predictive, Preventive and Personalised Medicine: The Key Role of Molecular Biological and Biomarker Research in Innovative Medicine.
Special session is dedicated to biobanks with attractive and actual topics.
From the preliminary programme:
- Predictive medicine
- Predictive biomarker panels
- Multi-level diagnostics
- Machine learning
- Artificial intelligence
- Preventive screening programs
- Screening programs focused on pregnancy and newborns
- Screening of rare diseases
- Screening programs for endocrinologic and metabolic diseases
- Population screening of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases
- Personalised medicine in Oncology
- Recommended procedures for early diagnosis
- The recommended procedures for treatment
- Best practices for the follow-up and treatment monitoring
- Biomarkers in diagnostics and the
- Prostate cancer
- Liver and pancreatic cancers
- Colorectal cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Personalised medicine – neurodegenerative diseases
- Personalised medicine – muscle and bone diseases
- Stability of stored analytes
- Quality control
- Biobanks and development of new drugs
The city of Pilsen is worldwide known as a brewing city. In 1842, the first batch of bottom fermented lager was brewed, which then conquered the world under the name Pilsner Urquell. After the scientific programme, a tour of the brewery will be organized for you. On September 20 and 21, the traditional festival of microbreweries Sun in Glass will take place in Pilsen.
More information can be found at: https://www.epmanet.eu/latest/events/2018/epma-world-congress-2019